The Human Rights Institute is pleased to be able to offer two $5,000 scholarships for 2017.
All scholarships will be administered by the Office of Student Financial Aid Services. If you are a need-based financial aid recipient (loans, grants, work-study employment) your financial aid package may be revised as a result of this award. If no adjustment is necessary and your fee bill is paid in full, you may be entitled to a refund. If you have questions about how a scholarship could affect your financial aid package, please call (860)486-2819.
Mark S. Rudy Scholarship
This scholarship will be awarded to an academically outstanding undergraduate CLAS student. Students must be enrolled full time, be pursuing either a major or minor in human rights, and be able to demonstrate academic achievement and financial need to be eligible for this award. Preference will be given to students with financial need and to those students who are also majoring or minoring in Political Science.
1. Complete all items on the application form.
2. Print out an unofficial copy of your University of Connecticut transcript
- – Access unofficial transcript via https://student.studentadmin.uconn.edu, Main Menu, Self Service, Student Center, My Academics, View My Unofficial Transcrip
- – Click “Print This Page” link
3. Submit the completed form, resume, one page reflection, and unofficial transcript as a PDF to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for a scholarship for Spring 2017 the deadline for applications is Thursday, November 3, 2016.
The Scholarship Committee will make their final selections no later than December 1, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be notified. Non-recipients will not be contacted.
To be considered for a scholarship for Fall 2017 the deadline for applications is Monday, April 10, 2017.
The Scholarship Committee will make their final selections no later than May 10, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified. Non-recipients will not be contacted.